14 Mar Easter Long Weekend in Townsville
Easter Long Weekend: 19 to 22 April, 2019
Queensland School Holidays: 5 to 23 April, 2019
Townsville has been through a tough time lately with massive flooding to the city following a monsoon trough and tropical low that battered the region. However, the worst is over and the city has returned to normal with all services being re-instated.
The best way to help out Townsville following this period of devastation is to support this North Queensland city and spend your Easter Long Weekend here. The city will be back to its usual wonderful self and the rivers and seas will no longer be impacted by the floodwaters.
Here’s some ideas for what to see and do over the Easter Long Weekend in Townsville:
- Take in a Cowboys game at 1300SMILES Stadium when they take on Melbourne Storm on Friday 12 April.
- Ride em Cowboy to Charters Towers for the Dust n Gold Rodeo on Saturday 13 April.
- Check out the 44th Van Nationals at Charters Towers on Sunday 21 April.
- Channel your inner “Dancing Queen” at the ABBA Show Townsville Civic Theatre on Tuesday 23 April.
- Scoot over to Magnetic Island on a day trip.
- Take a snorkelling or diving trip out to the Great Barrier Reef.
- Splash around in the The Strand Sea Pool and Water Park.
- Go under the sea at Reef HQ.
- Swim in the lagoons at Riverway.
- Conquer Townsville’s famous Castle Hill.
There’s plenty of family friendly entertainment and things to do and see in Townsville for your Easter Long Weekend this year. Mariners North Holiday Apartments are the perfect family accommodation for your next Townsville Holiday. Select from two or three bedroom spacious and fully appointed apartments with amazing waterfront views. BOOK NOW