04 Sep Magnetic Island Triathlon
WHEN: 6 October 2019.
WHERE: Magnetic Island, Townsville area.
Set against some of the most beautiful scenery that Queensland has to offer the Magnetic Island Triathlon is being held on Sunday, 6 October on Magnetic Island. Last year’s event was a sell out!
Kicking off from the picturesque Picnic Bay competitors can choose from three circuits:
- Sprint Distance Triathlon (750m swim – 24km bike – 5km run);
- Enticer Triathlon (350m swim – 8km bike – 2km run); and
- Aquathon (750m run – 300m swim – 750m run).
If you are interested in participating you will need to purchase a ticket. Entry costs are:
- Adults – $85 – Adult Sprint Race
- All tickets – $30 – Junior Aquathon (includes T-shirt)
- All tickets – $65 – Adult Enticer (includes T-shirt)
- All tickets – $200 – Adult Teams (includes 3 x T-shirts)
There are some key times you need to consider but remember the races start from 7am so you will need to get to the Island the night before.
- Transition and registration open (5.20am – 6.45am)
- Transition closes (6.45am)
- Sprint Briefing and start Picnic Bay (7am)
- Enticer Briefing and start Picnic Bay(7.15am)
- Aquathon Briefing and start Picnic Bay (7.30am)
Visit the Magnetic Island Triathlon website for more information and to find out about special discount prices on Magnetic Island ferries.
Are you looking for waterfront accommodation? Why not stay in Townsville before or after the race for a few relaxing days? There is so much to see and do, and a range of amazing restaurants right on your doorstep when you stay at Mariners North Holiday Apartment in Townsville.
With spectacular ocean views out to Magnetic Island, private balconies, full-size kitchens, air conditioning and a wide range of onsite facilities, Mariners North Townsville accommodation is the perfect base for your dream holiday. BOOK NOW