03 Oct MELBOURNE CUP DAY CELEBRATIONS
There are so many ways to celebrate the Melbourne Cup in Townsville on the 5 November. You could watch the race that stops the nation from a screen at work, you could hit the track, or you could step out in style and enjoy the celebrations at one of the many fabulous places that are holding special Melbourne Cup Day luncheons.
Enjoy watching the race with your best friends or work colleagues over a cheeky glass of champagne or cocktail, scrumptious food, great entertainment and of course watching the Melbourne Cup on a big screen.
We’ve put together a few suggested venues you might enjoy – don’t forget to book early as tickets to this once-a-year event sell out fast!
1 – THE PIER’s Tropical Garden Melbourne Cup Luncheon
- Canapes & sparkling on arrival
- A two-course alternate drop menu with paired wines
- Raffles and auction by Kidney Health Australia
- Live music
- Cocktail station
- Races on big screens.
Time: from 11.30am
Cost: $130 per ticket
Location: Pier Restaurant and Bar, Sir Leslie Thiess Drive
2 – THE VILLE Melbourne Cup in the Pavilion
- 4-hour beverage package: Petit Cordon by Maison Mumm, French martinis, premium wines & beers
- Lunch canapes
- Pamper lounge
- Live DJs
Time: 11am – 3pm
Location: The Ville Resort-Casino, Sir Leslie Thiess Drive
3 – Melbourne Cup @ THE WATERMARK
- Delicious 3-course luncheon
- Glass of bubbles on arrival
- View the race on a supersize HD + multi-screens
- Hamper raffles + calcuttas
- Prizes for best dressed male + female
Time: from 11am
Location: The Watermark, 72-74 The Strand
Bookings: 07 4724 4281
STAY CLOSE TO THE ACTION with absolute waterfront views
Enjoy a night or two at the Mariners North Holiday Apartments either side of the Melbourne Cup. You can select from two or three bedroom spacious & fully appointed apartments, all with amazing waterfront views. BOOK NOW