15 Oct Museum of Tropical Queensland
Explore life in the tropics from pre-historic times to the modern era at the Museum of Tropical Queensland in Townsville.
Some of the most popular exhibitions include:
- The star attraction is the HMS Pandora gallery. Sent to catch the famous Bounty and her mutinous crew, the Pandora sank off the coast of Cape York in 1791. Hundreds of amazing artefacts have been recovered from the wreck and are on display.
- The Enchanted Rainforest, which focuses on one of North Queensland’s most iconic ecosystems, transporting visitors into the light and shade of Tropical Queensland’s rainforest environment.
- Dinosaur Revolution: Secrets of Survival exhibition.
- Evolution: Torres Straits Masks exhibition.
- Colour: Secret Language of The Reef
- Palaeo Playspace is an interactive learning zone for kids.
For more information and an update of upcoming events and exhibitions visit Museum of Tropical Queensland.
Admission: $15 Adult; $8.80 Child (3-15 yrs); $38 Family (2 adults and up to 3 children)
Opening Hours: 9:30am to 5:00pm daily
Location: 70 – 102 Flinders Street, Townsville
Situated right on The Strand, Mariners North Holiday Apartments has everything you could need within easy strolling distance. With an average of 320 days of sunshine per year, it always feels like summer in Townsville and this makes it the perfect place to catch up with friends on a group holiday, enjoy a break with the family or provide an inspiring location for your next corporate trip. BOOK NOW