13 Jan Yongala Wreck Scuba Dive
If you are a keen scuba diver that you must experience the SS Yongala shipwreck off Townsville. Considered one of the world’s top 10 wreck dives this is a ‘must do’ for scuba diving enthusiasts when you visit Townsville.
SS Yongala is located in the centre of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park. The vessel sank more than a century ago and since then a diversity of marine life and corals has made the wreck home. It’s been a dive site since 1958!
Heading out from Townsville on a 14m custom built vessel, the friendly and professional crew will take you on two dives you will never forget. You’ll have the opportunity to see gropers, eagle and manta rays, turtles, giant trevally, Maori wrasse, bull sharks a massive array of colourful tropical fish in what is the world’s largest reef system.
You must be a certified diver to join this experience!
Cost: $289 (2 x dive tanks & weights); $329 (2 x dives including full gear hire)
When: Wednesdays & Saturdays
Where: Tours depart from the Breakwater Ferry Terminal, Townsville (@ 6.30am)
Duration: Full day dive experience
- Two (2) dives on the SS Yongala
- Delicious morning tea, lunch & afternoon tea
- Refreshments (cold water, cordial, tea & coffee)
- Hot shower
What do I need to bring?
- Dive Certification
- A towel, sunscreen, hat, camera, swimwear and a keen sense of adventure!
What is the water temperature?
- June-September approx. 21-24 degrees Celsius & visibility is 15-25 metres
- October-December approx. 25-31 degrees & visibility is 10-15 metres.
For more information & to book visit: Adrenalin Snorkel & Dive – Yongala Wreck Dive Trip
* Price is subject to change based by the operator of this tour at any time.
Access the magnificent Great Barrier Reef on a snorkelling or diving adventure in Townsville. Book your North Queensland and Great Barrier Reef accommodation at Townsville’s Mariners North Holiday Apartments.