If you are a keen scuba diver then you must experience the SS Yongala shipwreck off Townsville. Considered one of the world’s top 10 wreck dives this is a ‘must do’ for scuba diving enthusiasts when you visit Townsville.
SS Yongala is located in the centre of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park. The vessel sank more than a century ago, in 1911, and since then a diversity of marine life and corals has made the wreck home. It’s been a dive site since 1958!
Heading out from Townsville, the friendly and professional crew will take you on two dives you will never forget. You’ll have the opportunity to see gropers, eagle and manta rays, and much more in what is the world’s largest reef system.
- Full day Yongala Wreck Dive Trip
- Cold water, cordial, tea and coffee
- Morning tea, afternoon tea, cold buffet style lunch
- 2 dives on the spectacular SS Yongala Wreck (Certified divers only)
- Yongala mooring fees
- EMCs (Environmental Management Charges)
- Hotel transfers
- 2 Dives of the Yongala Wreck – voted as one of the top 10 wreck dives in the world
- See gropers, eagle rays, turtles, giant trevally, maori wrasse, bull sharks and thousands of tropical fish
- Full shady areas, sundeck, toilet and shower onboard
- Experienced and professional crew
- 2 dives you will never forget
- Tours depart on Wednesdays and Saturdays
- Departs from Breakwater Marina Fuel Wharf, last finger pontoon at the end of Mariner’s Drive just off the Strand, Townsville at 7am and Nelly Bay Ferry Terminal, Magnetic Island at 7.50am
What To Bring
- Dive certification
- Log book
For more information & to book visit our Tour partners Experience Oz: Adrenalin Snorkel & Dive – Yongala Wreck Dive Trip
Access the magnificent Great Barrier Reef on a snorkelling or diving adventure in Townsville. Book your North Queensland and Great Barrier Reef accommodation at Townsville’s Mariners North Holiday Apartment
* Tour details are subject to change at any time. Please be sure to check with the tour operator for the latest information.